As I mentioned in yesterday’s procastination excuse/hypnotic-cute-fuzzy-critter post, I was, without warning or provocation, viciously tagged by The Apprentice Lab Rat with a nasty case of the “5 Things” meme. O Cruel Fate!
I still need more audio to assemble Stir-Fried Random Episode 3. Meanwhile, here’s me meme:
(Note: These answers should not be used for psychiatric evaluation purposes. Unless it amuses you.)
5 things I was doing 10 years ago
- Slowly making my way through the “two-year” Biotechnology program at American River College a class or two at a time
(Had I not had to move away, I was only an “American History” and “Technical Writing” class from an A.S. degree…)
- Clumsily (but, I’m very happy to report, successfully) pursuing a woman even nerdier than me
- Cursing the high cost of living, unpleasant weather, and pollution in the Sacramento Valley (and indeed most of California…)
- Celebrating my first year of being full-time “Microsoft®-Free” (on Slackware)
- Working at the first truly enjoyable job I’ve had (at a small biotech company)
5 things on my “to do” list today
(Note: This is a “to do” list, not an “actually will get done” list…)
- See if I can find information about some even-older papers mentioned in the paper I’ve already picked for next month’s “Giant’s Shoulders” contribution. (Hooray for Victorian-era biochemistry!)
- Finish preparing the little fish-tank I intend to use as a small native-species aquarium.
- Get some more audio recorded and edited for Episode 3 of “Stir-Fried Random”, including picking this week’s Nerd Word.
- Taste the chunks of cut honeydew melon that I fermented last month.
- Experiment with the erythritol that I picked up and see if I can formulate homemade sugarless Cinnamon Bears.
5 snacks I love
- Cinnamon Bears
5 things I’d do if I were a millionaire
(How MUCH of a “millionaire”? Exactly $1,000,000? Or “Millions”? I’ll assume the latter…)
- Pay off all debts
- Probably move to a cooler wet climate
- Build myself a really kick-butt home-science lab with spiffy lab equipment (Microscopes, Incubators, centrifuges, FTIR Spectrometer, GC, HPLC, MALDI, -80°C freezer, lyophilizer, and of course an X-Ray Fluorescence spectrometer for my lovely wife…) and outfit it with generators, batteries, solar panels, etc. to be “Grid-Optional”. Oh, and at least a dedicated T3 line and a collection of publically-accesible IP addresses. (Yes, I am a nerd.)
- Do a lot more travel by train
- Become a self-employed full-time Mad Scientist
5 places I have lived
- Southport, North Carolina
- Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- Various places in California (Several times)
- Southeastern Idaho (Twice)
- Southeastern Texas
5 Jobs I’ve had
- Credit collections (My first real job, where I learned to hate phones)
- Retail clerk at an “Electronics Boutique”
- Full-time tech-support lead at a proprietary software company (where I learned to really hate phones, as well as proprietary software)
- Full-time college student/Kept Boy
- Linux nerd in a college biochemistry department
People I’ll tag
(I’m afraid I’m not very meme-infectious at this stage…)
- Someone who claims to be my sister (from whom I actually got the “World in an Ehrlenmeyer Flask” graphic I’ve been using everywhere…)
- Joshua M Charles who is trying to bankrupt me by posting a link to an online science-nerd shop.
3 thoughts on “Meme me!”
Darn you! Darn you to heck!
And yes, I remember you working at EB…and buying your alleged sister a video game for her birthday…and tell her you didn’t have time to wrap it…only to have her discover that she was going to have to go through TEN LAYERS OF SHRINKWRAP. Meanie. 🙂
I really need to dig up the business cards I printed for you. Or print new ones. Glad you like the graphic so much. 🙂
Guess I’ll start working on my answers… 😛
hahahahahaha…or should i say….BWAhahahahahaha?!?!?!?!?!