I mentioned I’ve been “working” (playing) with recording audio during my commute to and from work, in hopes of turning the audio into a regular podcast. I was originally going to call it “Oxygen Sucks”, which is why today’s attached/enclosed audio (only about 7 minutes long) refers to itself as such…
Officially, though, I think “Stir-Fried Random” is a better name, so I’ll go with that henceforth. The first real episode is under way already, so I could put it up as early as the next few days. Today’s episode is in mp3 format, though starting next episode I’d like to offer both mp3 and Ogg Vorbis, at least, the latter format having better audio quality at the same bitrate (and being Legally Free for use). As a bonus, I gather Firefox 3.1 should offer native playback support for it, too…
I’d appreciate commentary on the content (even if you don’t listen but merely want to comment on the show notes) and audio quality. No login needed, anonymous comments allowed.
Show notes may be found below This Direct-Download link for the audio
- 00:28 (announcement)
- 00:33 Bigfoot and Elvis
- 01:09 Why “Oxygen Sucks”? (Because it sucks almost as hard as Fluorine)
- 01:36 Why am I making this show?
- 01:58 Empirical Observation of the Week, regarding deliquescence and Formisidaean dietary preferences
- 03:01 They’re spying on me…all of them! SPYING!
- 03:30 The “Giant’s Shoulder’s” blog carnival, and my contribution this month on the triple-helix of DNA…
- 04:40 (Google “Linus Pauling” and “Vitamin C”…)
- 04:42 Coors Lite(tm) marketers are friggin’ morons, or think their customers are….
- 06:08 That’s enough for the test episode – how do I sound?
- 06:50 (Exit Music…)
I’d also like to stick “Easter Eggs” and useful content into subsequent audio files’ metadata (embedded show notes, geotagging marks, pictures), suggestions are welcome in this regard, too.
(Let me know if this even works…)