Over on scienceblogs.com’s The World’s Fair, the author has started an amusing meme.
It goes like this: the challenge is to find 5 sets of search terms for which your own blog or site is the #1 hit on a Google search. Note that it is acceptable to quote specific phrases but of course it’s more impressive if you don’t. Here are 8 that (as I type this) for which this blog is the #1 hit (links go to the blog address that is the hit):
- Expired Jello
- Mexican Zap Death Ray Guns
- “Socrates was a jerk” (without the quotes, I’m only the second hit here)
- Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Park
- Beer Cures Anthrax
- Gram stain is worse than harry potter
- “No you can’t have a cookie” “not yours” (had to quote-mark those two phrases…)
- Microbial fuel cell interpretative dance art project (but nobody listens to the podcast (sniffle))
(and variations, e.g. “expired gelatin”)
There was at least one other which I’m having trouble remembering at the moment. Perhaps I’ll update later if I remember what it was.
The #1 on Google! by The Big Room (and the little things in it), unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.