(Update 20081104T1050: added a minimal embedded flash-based player at the bottom of the post, if you’re willing to settle for mp3 quality and want to listen from your web browser…)
(Update again 20081126: I wish I had realized before that the stupid thing was autoplaying despite explicitly including “autoplay=false” in the parameters. I’ve removed the embedded player again until I find a way to prevent autoplaying. Sorry about anyone that was annoyed by this.)
I was going to post this last night, but there appears to have been another bout of database connection errors again at my ISP (“host blocked due to too many connection errors”). I’m guessing either someone is DOS’ing the database server or one of the other users had some very badly behaved custom code running. They’ve got it fixed now, so here we go…
After staying up too (insert profanity here) late again despite having to get up extra-early this morning to vote before work…here’s the first real episode of Stir-Fried Random. Still only about 10 minutes long – I’d like to make it longer, but it’ll still probably take a few episodes of building up to it. An actual shiny new <audio> tag is included for those with bleeding-edge browsers that support it (let me know if it works – hypothetically the 3.1 Beeta[sic] version of Firefox and I believe the most recent Opera support this.). Otherwise, direct-download is available below the show notes:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:32 Opening Music: “Final Countdown” – DjEagle
(Which you may find here…)
- 00:57 Are the English losing the ability to speak “English”?
- 01:37 “Freedom Socks” is actually a pretty good Linux-related podcast:
The episode I’m referring to is here…
- 02:37 Microbiology Microlecture: “The Purpose of Heat-Fixing”
- 05:29 Empirical Observation of the Week: Regarding who gets the applause after an operatic performance (with an aside about mopey clowns and “Opera Verismo”).
- 07:05 Nerd-Word for this episode: “Stochastic”
- 08:21 A pathetic plea for attention/”Insert Witty Slogan Here”
- 08:43 Exit Music: “Hardcore Fantasy” – cheshyre
(Which you may find here…)
Comments, suggestions, blah blah blah, etc. etc., please post in the comments – anonymous comments are permitted. It’ll ask for an email address, but you can put “BobBarr@whitehouse.gov” for all I care…
(If your browser supported the <audio> tag, you’d be able to play the file directly here)
Ogg Vorbis audio direct download
MP3 audio direct download
Both should be fully tagged with appropriate metadata…
Thanks for listening…
Stir-Fried Random: Alferbeetagama! by The Big Room (and the little things in it), unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.